NEET Result 2019 is expected to be released on June 5, 2019. The results will be available at the official portal i.e. ntaneet.nic.in in the form of score card. The scorecard for NEET 2019 contain candidates’ All India Rank (quota and category), overall & sectional marks and percentile. The minimum NEET cut off marks to qualify the examination will be 50% (for General category) & 40% (for Reserved category). Check NEET Cut off 2019
Latest:NEET Answer Keys 2019 have been released by various coaching institutes. Download Now!
- This year, NTA had conducted the medical examination on May 5 in offline mode.
- The counselling procedure will be started after the result declaration. Read about NEET 2019 Counselling
- Candidates qualifying the examination will have an opportunity to grab a seat into approximately 65,000 MBBS and 25,000 BDS seats in medical and dental colleges across India.
There will be no provision of re-evaluation/re-checking of the answer sheets. After the declaration of cutoff, an All India Merit List will be prepared by NTA, containing names of qualified candidates with their corresponding NEET Rank.
- Candidates from UR category aged above 25 years and those with Biology as an additional subject may also apply for the exam.
- NEET Merit List will now be used to allot seats in veterinary colleges for undergraduate courses like BVSc. and Animal Husbandry under 15% All India Quota.
- NEET Result will be applicable for admissions to all medical colleges of India except for AIIMS and JIPMER, which conduct their own medical entrance exams.
NEET 2019 Result Declaration Date
NEET Entrance Test 2019 has been conducted on May 5, 2019. After one month of the entrance test, the result will be declared. The result will be announced on June 5, 2019. The counselling procedure will be started after the result declaration.
NEET Results Official Scorecard
How to Check NEET Result 2019?
NTA will announce NEET 2019 Result online after answer sheets are thoroughly evaluated. The steps to check NTA NEET Result 2019 are given below:
- Visit the official website of NEET at nta.ac.in.
- Under the Online Services, click on NEET Result
- A new tab will get open. Enter the required credentials to get NEET Results
- Enter your NEET credentials – Roll No. and Date of Birth and then submit it after verifying the entered details.
- NEET Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take printout of NTA NEET Score Card
Details Mentioned in NEET Score Card
Candidates can download NEET Score Card from the nta.ac.in . The document would be required at the time of counselling and reporting at the Institute for confirming the admission. It holds the following information:
|Roll Number||Application Number|
|Applicant’s Date of Birth||Applicant’s Gender|
|Applicant’s Parents Name||Sectional-wise marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|Percentile Score||Rank- All India Rank, All India Quota seat rank and State Quota rank|
|Qualifying Status||NEET Cutoff score for counselling under All India Seats 2019|
Sample of NEET Scorecard
Formula to Calculate NEET Score and Ranks
With the help of NEET Answer Key, candidates can calculate their expected scores and ranks. They can tally their answers with those given in answer key before the NEET Result is released. The marking scheme followed by NTA in NEET 2019 is given below-
- For every correct answer, 4 marks are rewarded.
- For marking wrong option, -1 is deducted as penalty.
- No mark is deducted for un-attempted questions and marking more than 1 option.
- Total Marks = 180 MCQs X 4 = 720 Marks
Check Detailed NEET Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
How is NEET Score Calculated?
NEET Scores can be calculated by following the given formula-
NEET Score=(Total number of correct answers x 4) – (Total number of incorrect answers x -1)
NEET Rank vs Marks 2019
NEET Rank is the main factor while preparing the merit list. The marks secured by candidates out of 720 determine their actual ranks in final merit list of NEET. The expected range of ranks and marks is provided in the following table-
|Ranks Range||Marks Range||Ranks Range||Marks Range|
What is NEET Percentile Score?
NEET Percentile Score is the minimum score which should be obtained to qualify NEET 2019.
- It is calculated on the basis of candidate’s relative position in comparison to other rank holders.
- NEET All India Rank is calculated on the basis of absolute score obtained by them in NEET.
The following table represents the NEET qualifying percentile for counselling:
Qualifying Marks out of 720
Unreserved Category (UR)
Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Physically Handicapped (PH)
324 (UR), 288 (Reserved Category)
Candidates can calculate their NEET percentile score on the basis of rank secured by them. The exact formula for calculating NEET percentile is:
NEET 2019 Answer Key
- The answer key will be released through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to check the OMR Sheets and Answer keys of NEET via online mode.
- With the help of answer key, students can calculate their rough marks they are going to score in the examination.
- The NEET answer key 2019 will bear the correct answers of all the questions asked in the examination.
- The authority will also provide the facility to challenge against the answer key. Students may challenge the answer key within the prescribed dates.
- Candidates will challenge the answer key via online mode with the payment of INR 1000/- per answer.
- If the challenge is accepted by the authority, the payment will be refunded to candidates.
Steps to Check NEET Answer Key 2019
- Visit the official website of NEET 2019
- Click on the link “Download NEET 2019 Answer Key”
- The answer keys of all sets will appear on the screen
- Download it and match your responses
- Save it for further use
How to Challenge NEET Answer Key 2019?
- At the official website, login using your registration number and password
- Click on “Challenge NEET Answer Key” tab and submit it
- Select the question you wish to challenge
- Select your answer and give justified reasonings
- Click on “Confirm” and pay INR 1000 as fee through Debit/ Credit card
- Take a printout of the confirmation slip which contains details of the answer key challenged.
NEET 2019 Merit List
NTA prepares a Merit List on the basis of directives of the Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI soon after the announcement of NEET Results.
- No category wise merit list is declared; there will be only a centralized merit list for all the NEET 2019 qualified candidates.
- The Merit list is prepared for seats under 15% All India Quota.
- The number of candidates in the merit list would be equal to the number of seats available for allotment in MBBS/BDS courses under 15% All India Quota.
- States will prepare their own merit list based on AIR and category of the candidate.
- Merit list for All India Quota is prepared on the basis of AIR and NEET Reservation Policy.
- There will be a waiting list equal to 4 times the number of seats available for 15% All India Quota.
- The merit list for NEET will be announced on its official website. Candidates are advised to check the official website as well as the websites for all NEET Participating Institutes regularly.
Note: The counselling for admission to AFMC will be conducted by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Service, Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
In case two or more candidates have secured the same marks in NEET 2019, tiebreaker (inter-se-merit) of such candidates will be determined in order of preference as mentioned below-
- Higher marks secured in Biology in NEET will be preferred.
- If the tie persists, candidate obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in NEET will be preferred.
- If the tie persists, candidate with less number of wrong answers in will be taken into consideration.
- If the tie persists, candidate older in age will be preferred for merit ranking.
What After NEET Results 2019?
NTA releases NEET Cut Off along with the declaration of results. It is the minimum marks required to qualify NEET. There are separate cut off marks for different categories.
The cut off is dependent on :
- Total number of seats available,
- Number of candidates appearing in the exam
- Difficulty level of the NEET exam.
NEET Cut off is released for 2 quotas– All India Quota and State Level Quota. Top 15% scorers in NEET will be allowed to participate directly in the NEET counselling process under 15% All India Quota. The expected NEET cutoff for 2019 is mentioned below:
NEET Cut off under 15% All India Quota Seats
|Category||No. of Candidates||Marks Range|
|General||14315||685 – 468|
|ST||1427||466 – 303|
|UR & PH||430||466-214|
|OBC & PH||10||213-210|
|SC & PH||75||209-130|
|ST & PH||23||213 – 118|
Category-wise NEET Overall Cut Off 2019
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Marks Range||No. of Candidates|
|General||50 Percentile||685 – 145||171329|
|OBC||40 Percentile||678 – 118||175226|
|SC||40 Percentile||595 – 118||47183|
|ST||40 Percentile||599 – 118||15710|
|UR & PH||45 Percentile||474 – 131||437|
|OBC & PH||40 Percentile||510 – 118||597|
|SC & PH||40 Percentile||415 – 118||143|
|ST & PH||40 Percentile||339 – 118||36|
NEET Cut Off for Top 10 Medical Colleges
As per the trends of previous years, NEET Cut Off of top 10 medical colleges is depicted in the table given below. The cut offs mentioned in the following table represents the cut off for general category-
|Name of College||2016 Closing Cut Off Rank||2015 Closing Cut Off Rank|
|Government Medical College, Chandigarh||162||158|
|Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai||408||565|
|King George’s Medical University, Lucknow||506||386|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi||263||117|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||44||28|
|Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak||1035||674|
|Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai||408||216|
|Stanley Medical College, Chennai||2264||2039|
|University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||128||97|
|VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||106||5|
NEET 2017 Toppers
Given below is a list of all NEET Exam toppers of last year:
|Candidate Name||All India Rank||Score Obtained|
|Aryan Raj Singh||9||690|
NEET 2017 Statistics
NEET 2019 Counselling
NEET Counselling is expected to start after July 12, 2019. Candidates who have qualified in NEET 2019 and whose names have appeared in the final merit list will be eligible for NEET Counselling
- The counselling for 15% AIQ seats and seats in Deemed and Central Universities will be conducted by MCC.
- The merit list for centralized counselling will be drawn according to candidates’ AIQ Rank.
- Candidates willing to apply for admission in State Medical Colleges/Universities/Institutions through NEET merit list should follow the instructions of the State Government and authorities of the medical/dental colleges /Institution/University concerned for the counselling process.
- State Merit List will be drawn on the basis of candidates’ All India Rank.
Most Preferred Medical Colleges by Top 100 Scorers
NEET 2019 Results FAQs
Ques. How will the three (3) attempts of NEET be calculated? Should it be consecutive or not?
Ans. No. Information regarding the ways to calculate NEET attempts is not listed in the information brochure. The attempts will be calculated from 2019 onwards. For example, if a candidate has appeared in NEET 2019, they will be eligible for two more attempts provided they have not crossed the upper age limit.
Ques. How will the merit list be prepared for 15% All India Quota seats?
Ans. Based on All India Rank and the reservation roster provided by DGHS, merit list for All India quota will be prepared.
Ques. How to calculate NEET Score and Rank?
NEET Percentile Based on Highest Marks
Evaluation of percentile on the basis of marks can easily be done. We are providing you Percentile formula which based on marks scored by the contenders.
The formulae for calculating Percentile on the basis of Marks:
Individual Score X 100 / Marks obtained by top scorer
Percentile based on rank
Evaluation of percentile on the basis of rank is somewhat difficult in comparison to the first one. Have a look at the Percentile formula which is based on rank, gained by the aspirants.
The formulae for calculating Percentile on the basis of Rank:
Total appearing candidates – Rank secured/ Total appearing candidates’ X 100
Ques. How will the Tie-breaking problem be dissolved?
Ans. In case candidates score equal marks in the NEET examination, tie-breaking method will be considered.
- The candidate who obtains a higher mark in Biology as per the result of NEET 2019 will be given a better rank.
- If Biology marks are equal, candidates securing higher marks in Chemistry as per the NEET result 2019 will be given a higher rank in NEET 2019.
- If both Biology and Chemistry marks as per NEET result are equal, then the candidate who has attempted less number of wrong questions in all subjects of NEET 2019 will be given better rank.
- If all of the above criteria are unable to prove effective in breaking tie in NEET 2019 result, then the candidate older in age will be given preference for NEET admissions.
Ques. Who will conduct Counselling after NEET 2019?
- For 15% All India Quota seats, counseling will be conducted by the DGHS.
- For seats under the control of States/Universities/Institutions, their respective authorities will conduct the counseling.
Ques. What is the reservation criteria for 15% all India quota seats?
Ans. In 15% all India quota seats, 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC category candidates.
Ques. What is the procedure of online seat allotment?
Ans. The process steps are given here –
- Main Counselling Registration.
- Exercising of Choices, indicative seats and Locking of choices.
- Process of Seat Allotment – Round 1.
- Round 1 Result Publication.
- Reporting at the allotted Medical/Dental College against 1st Round.
- Publication of net vacant seats.
- Fresh Choice Submission by eligible candidates for Round 2.
- Process of Seat Allotment – Round 2.
- Round 2 Result Publication.
- Reporting at the Medical / Dental Colleges /Institutions against Round 2.
- END of 15 % All India Counselling and reverting of Non Joined, Not allotted seats to state quota.
Ques. Will there be negative marking in NEET 2019?
Ans. Yes. Each correct answer will get 04 marks and for each incorrect response, 01 marks will be deducted from the total score.
Ques. How long is the result of NEET 2019 valid?
Ans. The result of successful candidates of NEET 2019 is valid for the academic session 2019 – 20 only.
Ques. Can one see images of OMR sheets and Responses on website?
Ans. The images of OMR Sheet and Responses captured by the machine will be displayed on the website nta.ac.in. For exact date of hosting, candidates may remain in touch with website.
Ques. I did not have a graduation degree, However, I have completed a professional degree, Can I apply for NEET?
Ans. No, only candidates who are graduate from a recognized University can apply for NEET. No, professional degree is accepted as a graduation degree.
Ques. Is there any provision to challenge the response(s) against the OMR grading?
- Candidates will be given an opportunity to submit representation against the OMR grading on payment of INR 1000 per response challenged.
- Rs.1000/- per response will be refunded to candidate if his/her challenge is accepted by the Board.
Ques. How many marks should we obtain to qualify for NEET exam?
Ans. Here we are giving the qualifying marks for NEET 2019 examination:
|Category||Qualifying Marks (Out of 720)|
|General (UR) – PH||324|
|OBC/SC/ST – PH||288|