Advantages of Studying MBBS/MD in Philippines is purely based on the quality of education.
1.The passing percentage of the FMGE screening test is highest among students who choose Philippines than other countries. This is the single most important factor to decide the country of choice for medical education abroad.
2. Medical Universities Listed in the World Health Organization (WHO) Geneva, FAIMER etc. Graduates can apply for license with Medical Councils of more than 180 countries.
3. Medium of education is English , as English is the official language in Philippines
4 .Affordable education, accommodation & living cost.
5. American Style PBL Curriculum. USMLE steps gets easier to clear and PG options in US with attractive salary.
6. Philippines is the fourth Largest English speaking country in the world. Education system similar to that of USA, as a result of a long relation with USA.
7. Medical & Nursing education geared towards Employment in USA/ UK and easy to pass USMLE [Medical] , CGFNS, NCLEX [ Nursing]
8. Since English is the language of communication and language of instruction in Universities, No need to learn anotherlanguage to talk to patients [Medical students] Therefore providing a better understanding of the subjects.
9.One of the largest immigrant community in USA is Filipinos
10.The Philippines has the highest English literacy rate in Asia – 93.8%.
11.The Philippines attracts students from more than 65 countries. Students from the United States and Europe, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand and Hong Kong are also studying in the Philippines
But there is a catch
Universities in Philippines follows American system of education. The medical UG course ( India’s MBBS) is divided into 2 parts, BS+MD. BS is 2 years course followed by 4 years of MD. Between BS and MD, students need to appear for an exam called NMAT. ( National medical aptitude test). Students need to score over 40 percentile in this test to qualify for MD course. Generally, Indian students clear this exam as you need to score 40 percentile only. ( Hope you know the difference between percentage and percentile). Also, you can take NMAT exam again ( it happens every 6 months) but still continue your course.
So if you are confident of clearing this exam, go for Philippines. It is the best country to study barring this factor.
When you are committed to study then nothing can stop you and Philippines is the perfect destination. LiveDr Admissions have made 100s of students dream come true, trust us and we got your back.